One of the creative video businesses that have never gone unnoticed is the TED conferences. Although the business model of this non-profit company is different (live conferences hosted by eminent speakers), the marketing methodology that the company adopted is what is garnering them rave reviews – videos. The conference attendees in their physical space maybe great in number but the virtual space have gifted the enterprise with a huge viewer database which is undoubtedly the sole reason for the business expansion.
To list a few of the reasons why the TED conferences explainer videos are a great success:-
- This goes without saying – the company produces quality content by market leaders which makes the talk engaging and value for time and money.
- Pictures say a thousand words! Videos can do a better job than the pictures – Explainer videos is a fascination among the Gen X and Y. The five to ten minutes (on an average) of videos that supplements textual information in an audio-visual format is a knowledge gain in this busy world.
- The TED videos have talked about good companies, products and ideas. The company has demonstrated its wide reach capabilities. The videos are a great medium to reach to millions of relevant visitors.
- TED talks and presentations are stimulating, enlightening and challenging. The videos project the same message within the short stipulated time. It does not affect the attention span of an average visitor.
- Social Networking – TED videos are available in the video social networking sites (SNS) like – “Youtube”, “Dailymotion” and “Vimeo”. In the recent past, we have only observed a gain adopting the social networking way. TED has benefitted from these prominent SNS.
From the social networking reach, TED has now moved on to broadcasting on television, radio and even on Netflix. This is a sure shot way of garnering viewership as the deliverable medium is “explainer videos”. Moving the brand forward, TED is a global online communal that has visitors of similar interests all across the world. They grow under their tagline “ideas worth spreading”. Vouching for their tag line, millions of companies and non-profits are queuing to spread their individual service ideas through TED speeches. TED provide a new way to helps businesses think differently. The statistics indicate that the viewers of the TED talks are mostly the entrepreneurs, trade enthusiasts and the market consultants. This very well explains the trends that TED has been able to set, which is the need to stay ahead in the market, the need to know the rising demands and more. Every TED video is a simple demonstration of the above ideas.
To summarize, TED has believed in imparting knowledge from the leaders to the enthusiasts using a simple methodology – explainer videos. These explainer videos have been their “cash cow” medium to spread winning ideas. TED and few other companies are exploring newer mediums to exhibit their video conferences. In the future, we can witness many other new entrants in this business space. It is for us to wait and watch the innovative trends that the video marketing entrants plan to adopt.
About TED: TED is a global set of conferences owned by the private non-profit Sapling Foundation, under the slogan “ideas worth spreading”. TED was founded in 1984 as a one-off event. The annual conferences began in 1990.
About Solly Labs: Solly Labs is an Animation Studio, creating animated marketing videos for startups and new business. The company builds to transform well defined ideas to dynamic marketing videos. Solly Labs is headquartered in the USA and has been operational in the UK, Australia, North America and India.
Note: This blog post is exclusively Solly Lab’s.All rights reserved. This blog post may not be modified, reproduced, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without Solly Lab’s prior written permission.