Videos are going to be the next big thing in the world of web. In fact, the process has already started. Starting from the Facebook CEO Zuckerberg to many other prominent bloggers, all would agree with the above. If, the videos can be effective enough for the challenging promotional aspects, needless is to say these can be absolutely prolific for a comparatively straightforward aspect, like eLearning. Videos have been obviously making things more convincing when it comes to explaining the tutorials. However, for an effective eLearning that can be up to the mark in a contemporary scenario, it is highly essential that these are prepared with absolute excellence. The following points can be handy on this aspect.
1. Understanding the Purpose Of Videos In eLearning:
Modern day people want flexibility about all aspects, be it the job or academics. This is the reason that the idea of eLearning is growing extensively. Videos have been the most favoured ways of learning something through web, especially since the arrival of You Tube. However, the fact that has been like a setback about the videos for eLearning is that here the chance of intuitiveness is pretty low. Naturally, this particular aspect being targeted in an efficacious fashion can prepare a video in a biddable fashion to be acquiescent for eLearning.
2. Make It Intuitive:
Discussions, doubt clearings, questions, etc. have been the ideal ways of any effective learning process. Hence, opening the scope of the above aspects could definitely make the eLearning process enchanting through a Video. Primarily, the following points should be taken as the referral points for preparing an acquiescent video for eLearning.
- It should be open for discussion and should make the platform ready for it.
- It must encourage the viewer/learner to be analytical and express his/her thoughts.
- The video should be available to be watched time and again.
- It needs to be prepared in a precise, crisp fashion that would make it amusing and informative at the same time.
- A fact that makes the videos of earlier days not so exciting for eLearning is because these are/were dull. Hence, it is recommended to make things catchy through the incorporation of images, statistical analytics, tag lines, etc. It would be even better if you can add a few referral links for a better convenience.
3. How To Effectively Use Videos In eLearning
Videos can be very significant regarding making a video interesting. However, this definitely doesn’t mean that eLearning is all about presenting information through a video. What more important is that there should be a nice equilibrium between the video and information. In other words, the balance between a video narration and information presentation has to be flawless. You can say the information should be in concomitant with the analysis or tutorial presented. It would be better if the information is presented as the derivatives or the conclusions.
Well, the following set of tips could be handy in terms of maintaining a nice combination between the videos and the information.
- The videos should not be exaggerated. Rather, it is advised the scripts to be prepared in an interesting fashion blending the information in an interesting fashion.
- It is advised not to compromise anyway with the quality; not even it is suggested to compress it anyway. This is important as a compromised/compressed quality of a video doesn’t convey the analysis points in the desired fashion. Hence, the overall eLearning strategy gets ruined.
- Videos have been attention dragging parts about any eLeaning tutorial/project. But, extraneous blending of videos or too less of these doesn’t make things interesting enough as it should be. Hence, the proportion is important to keep things engaging.
4. Which Parts Of The eLearning have to Be Presented through Video?
As mentioned above, the right use of the video is the key to success of an eLearning program. Hence, it is also important to know the key points those need to be talked through the video. On this context, the following points are given below.
- The best way a video can be used with eLearning is to explain the steps of a tutorial article. It’s obvious for the confusions to appear upon trying the points mentioned in the above articles. This is where the videos can be handy. One can definitely get it better on how to try the particular step upon watching the video.
- In other way, you can also explain about the common mistakes people commit while practicing anything through a video or a slide.
- If there is any special comment that demands to talk about the steps, you can put a video for the same as well.
5. Budget to Be Look After:
Be it eLearning or video blogging, there remains a certain intention of economic output behind preparing anything. Hence, the investment has to be made in a smarter fashion. Especially, the following points should not be ignored regarding budget.
- Make sure the sound and picture quality is good enough. At least, it should be perfectly visible and audible. You can’t compromise in terms of budget of the shooter on this matter.
- If budget is not an issue, you may hire a professional to convey the points. It’s important that the points you talk about be absolutely correct. The communication skill of the conveyer needs to be perfect.
- Graphics and special effects offer the extra nod to your budget. Hence, don’t mind a little extra expense on this matter.
6. Make It An Anytime Thing:
As talked above, being eLearning stuff it might need to be referred by the audience again and again. Hence, it is important to ensure that the videos you pick should involve no chance of getting blocked or restricted anyway. You should not put anything from a closed group or something that holds copyright issue. The best idea would be to prepare the video for You Tube so that anyone can watch it anytime. Similarly, a social media open group can be a good idea as well.
7. Knowing The Right Position Of A Video:
The right combination of videos and the information is important. However, there is absolutely no strict rule available regarding the position of a video. One can incorporate it at any place; it can be at the beginning, in the middle, and also at the end. What more important is to ensure whether it is in accordance with the attempt to talk about the information above or not. You don’t really need anything necessary for introduction; it can be literal. However, those like about explaining the steps, advantages, disadvantages, etc. are better to be presented through videos.
8. Let It Be Bagged:
It’s disappointing for a viewer of not being able in downloading a video despite liking. And, this is definitely not something you would love. Hence, it is recommended to put the videos those can be downloaded. This is the reason that putting something of open source like You Tube is a better recommendation to let it is downloaded easily.
9. Make It Distinguishing:
One would never wish of his/her videos to be monotonous kind, like someone simply talking in front of a boring background, something like of earlier days. In fact, it needs to be distinguishing enough to be inimitable among the competitors. Hence, it is important to be creative. The presentation matters the most. You can try different camera position, lightening, music, graphic, animation, etc., to make it catchy, something that forces to get clicked.
10. Keep It Simple:
The purpose of mentioning, in the end, is because it is very important. You can be a bit funky or cool, but don’t use very hefty words or the terms of Ph.D. level. It’s important to understand that the purpose is to make someone learn, not to discuss with experts. Hence, keeping it simple, packed with examples is most recommended.